To provide youwith the skills and support to succeed in your personal breastfeeding and parenting goals.
Even Super Mom Needs Help Sometimes . . .
We offer a wide variety of tools to support you on your parenting journey:
- Prenatal guidance appointments - if you are concerned about your ability to be able to breastfeed, perhaps due to a medical condition
- A wide variety of classes to help prepare you every step of the way!
- New Mom's Group - friendship, support, and encouragement
- After delivery - One on one appointments - detailed history, full assessment of both mom and baby, and observation of a breastfeeding session lasting approximately 60-90 minutes
Why would I need an individual appointment?
- Sore nipples
- Tongue-tie (ankyloglossia)
- Trouble latching or maintaining a latch
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Prior breast surgery
- Baby recently discharged from the NICU
- Baby born at 35-37 weeks gestation and is having trouble latching/maintaining a latch
- Latch-on or positioning/comfort difficulties
- Newborn who has lost greater than 10% of the birth weight
- Newborn is not gaining 1/2 to 1 ounce per day once the mature milk is in
- A baby who resists latching or appears uncomfortable at the breast
- If baby's output (wet and dirty diapers) seems inadequate
- If you are worried about your milk supply or if your mature milk is not in by day 5 of life
- Plugged ducts/mastitis
- Pumping concerns
- Adoption/Initiation of lactation without birth
- Any other question or concern you may have or maybe you just need reassurance
Does my insurance cover the visit?
- In many cases, insurance covers a visit with our IBCLCs or Breastfeeding Medicine Specialist, as our care is overseen by a physician.
- Click here for a list of insurance companies that participate with the Lehigh Valley Breastfeeding Center
Do not see your insurance listed?
- Call us today to determine if we participate with your plan at 610-366-7676